Food and beverages
• Make more meals vegetarian
• Ask for seasonal and local food. Make demands when it comes to ethical and ecological certifications.
• Communicate what you are serving – what are the food and beverages origin?
• Serve tap water (still or sparkling, most restaurants can offer both) instead of bottled water.
Sweden has one of the world’s best and cleanest tap water – take the chance to drink it!
Another way is to choose a “Kranmärkt” venue or to make the meeting
“Kranmärkt” – read more about it here.
• Provide information on contents of the food to simplify and assure your delegates what they are eating
• Choose Fairtrade- or ethical labeled products when it, for example, comes to: coffee, tea, chocolate,
bananas etc. Make demands on the venue!
Open, welcoming and accessible
• Plan your meeting according to generally accepted accessibility criteria, so that everyone can participate
regardless of function variation
• Communicate accessibility as soon as possible, preferably in the invitation
• Actively strive and work for equality in the conference program and having both women and men
in panel sessions
• Activate delegates in charity events and collections for local society- or environment organizations
• Share important knowledge from your meeting and engage in accessible activities with local organizations
• Collaborate with a local non-profit organizations
Do you have any questions or do you want help with how to take on these tips above? Visit Umeå offers support and guidance to help you make your meetings more sustainable! Don't hesitate to contact us!