Food and beverages
• Choose to make more meals vegetarian
• Ask for seasonal and local food. Make demands when it comes to ethical and ecological certifications.
• Communicate what you are serving – what are the food and beverages origin?
• Serve tap water (still or sparkling, most restaurants can offer both) instead of bottled water.
Sweden has one of the world’s best and cleanest tap water – take the chance to drink it!
Another way is to choose a “Kranmärkt” venue or to make the meeting
“Kranmärkt” – read more about it here.
• Provide information on contents of the food to simplify and assure your delegates what they are eating
• Choose Fairtrade- or ethical labeled products when it, for example, comes to: coffee, tea, chocolate,
bananas etc. Make demands on the venue!
Open, welcoming and available
• Plan your meeting according to generally accepted availability criteria, so that everyone can participate
regardless of function variation
• Communicate availability as soon as possible, preferably in the invitation
• Actively strive and work for equality in the conference program and having both women and men
in panel sessions
• Activate delegates in charity events and collections for local society- or environment organizations
• Share important knowledge from your meeting and engage in accessible activities with local organizations
such as science centers, events or festivals
• Collaborate with a local non-profit organizations
Do you have any questions or do you want help with how to take on these tips above? Don't hesitate to contact us!